About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Thursday, 6 November 2014

And on to fresh adventures – the last riddle



 



All good days must come to an end – our membership to the RHS expired at the end of October and we decided not to renew this year.  There are plenty of other places to explore.



What’s next?  Well, I’m planning to add fused glass to my repertoire.  I’ve booked on a ½ day taster session in a week or two, to get some pointers.  As is always the way with me, I hate going on any kind of course without having had at least a mini-dabble first so I’ve splashed some cash, bought some glass and made a couple of sun catchers


 

and a coaster for husband. 



They’re not bad for someone who’d not cut glass until a few days ago.  (I did this with lampworking, arranged to go on a taster session on the Friday, had the session Saturday and signed up for the evening classes starting in a few weeks – by then I had my first torch and had made some beads).



So, for the last riddle…..


First you see me in the grass dressed in yellow gay;

Next I am in dainty white, then I fly away.

What am I?



So what next?



 



Beads (shown below) or a pendant like (but not) this one - see the blog post for details



You have until midnight Thursday13th November UK time to email me at sue.harris@blueboxstudio.co.uk with your answers – I’ll announce the winner on my blog within 7 days of the closing date – and publish the answers so everyone can go ‘oh, of course, that was the answer to that one’, just as we did when we saw them.  

The winner has 7 days to claim their prize, either the beads or the pendant, you choose, so don’t forget to check my blog!  If the prize isn’t claimed in this time the winner will forfeit their prize and I’ll draw another winner.


So, good luck, let’s get those entries in.  And thanks for playing along x

No comments:

Post a Comment