About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Monday, 27 October 2014

Someone has to do the work – and the second riddle


How are you doing, did you get the answer to the first riddle?  What riddle?  Have a look at my last blog post.

One of the events at RHS Rosemoor for half-term entertainment was working heavy horses.  Not a cat, but it is an animal so off we went to see.


Hidden in the forest around Rosemoor we came across 2 heavy horses (and a lumberjack – is he a lumberjack?  Monty Python weren’t explaining what one was when they sang the song). 



Amazing how easily they moved around between the trees and dragged quite large logs around.  Sadly we didn’t get invited to go cuddle them or feed them apples from the orchard.



I sometimes think we’ll never get to New England to see the Fall, but seems this Autumn is particularly spectacular over here too.



It did rain a lot though, that Pine tree is rusty!


I'd love on of these benches - there are several around the site - nearly fainted at the price!  Perhaps Santa is reading this?

Back to the riddle ........................................

The second riddle is…
When you have me, you feel like sharing me
But if you share me, you don’t have me
What am I?


 All the details about the riddles and the prize draw are in the last blog post, on Sunday 26th October.



No comments:

Post a Comment