About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Sunday, 26 October 2014

RHS Rosemoor and a riddle

 



Today, the clocks changed and it is officially no longer Summer time!  Now the nights are really drawing in, dark soon after 5pm.  To celebrate the last day of Summer Time, and both managing to engineer a day out together from busy schedules, Himself and I went to RHS Rosemoor in Devon for a day out.  Early start, late back, lunch, food, coffee and all that you would expect of one of my days out. 


Whilst there we saw some riddles, aimed, I’m sure, at the kids, for half term and Halloween.  There be dragons too.  And a Troll.  And a cat - more of the cat later.  On a good day, there's always a cat.

So, as I mentioned on Facebook last night I’m going to have a competition.

 

 
Here's the plan ......................

My plan is 8 blog posts with some gorgeous autumnal pics and a riddle. Might be one a day, might not, you'll have to keep an eye out for them. I'll post the links to my blog on here so you might want to keep an eye out for them. Facebook won't let me demand you like my page, but I guess it makes it easier for you to find the posts if you do?  Perhaps you already do, if not perhaps you might like to?

There will be 8 in all and at the end, if you email me your answers, I'll choose a winner from those who get all 8 right and send you a prize. Might be jewellery, might be beads, I'll give you a choice. What they will be, right now I don't know but I'll get my thinking cap on. Free to join in, just a bit of fun, and we all like the chance of something free, don't we?  

It seems, however, that there always have to be rules – and they are here and cover what will happen if no one gets the answers right, no one enters and just about anything else I can think of that will need covering.

Subscribers to my newsletter who get all 8 answers right will get a bonus entry into the draw for the winner. The independent drawer master will either be my husband (he can't be bribed, heaven knows I have tried) or Charlie cat, who will happily pick a piece of paper from a pile and play football with it (so in his case, the winner is the missing piece of paper).

You can sign up for my newsletter here  - subscribers get special offers and discounts too!

Anyway - Autumn..... surprising how many plants are still flowering.  Mine are pretty much done for the year.  So here's a few....




The riddle - number 1

I run forever, but never move at all
I have no lungs or throat but still a might roaring call
What am I?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment