About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Saturday, 18 May 2013

The bead pot was overflowing! Lots of handmade glass beads for sale.


You know something has to be done when you put beads in your bead pot and they roll off the mountain and on to the table.  So, on one of those days when I 'couldn't quite remember' what it was I was meant to be doing (a.k.a housework!) I settled down to a morning of sorting through my bead pot and an assortment of other boxes with sets of beads.  And this is the result!

I have listed lots of sets of orphan beads - those that are left over from other sets or projects, or just experiments, as well as matching sets of beads on Ebay.  10% of each sale will be donated to Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary, which my business supports.

So many other gorgeous beads on offer, so here is a short video show of them - I hope you see something you like.  As always, I am happy to combine postage if you buy more than one of my items at the same time.


video

No comments:

Post a Comment