About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Monday, 10 September 2012

New work on the block - a busy week!


I have 2 new 
silk scarf kits for you to make
using shibori dyeing techniques
in Mardi Gras (above) and Forest Glen (below)
Both available from my Etsy and Folksy shops
 
 
I have also been busy making scarves in the past week ~
these will be available through my Etsy and Folksy shops as well
this is just a taster of what's to come 
it will take me a couple of days to photograph 
and list all the scarves I've made so keep checking to see what's new!


The one above is shibori dyed velvet
in indigo blue and white


 
and this one is black with silver silk devore velvet 
with the one below being black silk velvet with a gold design
both were fabrics spotted in a gorgeous high quality fabric shop 
- I couldn't resist!


This is stunning satin devore silk which I imported from Thailand.  The manufacturer tells me it is 100% silk.  It really is a special fabric!  I made a few scarves from this a couple of years ago and they sold at the first fair I took them to.  I was so pleased when I spotted more - just enough for 3 scarves! My own scarf in this fabric always attracts flattering comments :)
 

 Lastly, for now, a couple of silk scarves, 
dyed using the same dyes and techniques as in my kits
one more purple in colour


and one more jade green

Keep an eye in my Etsy and Folksy shops for the new silk devore velvet scarves, created and dyed to my own designs - and each is a one off, as I make them one at a time.

Don't forget there is still free worldwide postage in my Etsy shop
just use the discopunt code BIRTHDAYGIRL in the checkout box
(not applied retrospectively)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment