About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Sunday, 27 May 2012

Big beads, small beads, one bead or many

 
 This week, my Ebay listings are 'Buy it Now', 
see it, buy it, pay for it, get it (in a few days)

On offer are:

sets of beads ~ matching and 'orphans'


big holed beads for your charm bracelets - these are uncored so will fit those chain systems that can't be named on Ebay (else they cancel the listings!) but think of the woman who opened the box containing all the ills of the world' and a supernatural being from Norse mythology!


large focal beads ~

some are heart shaped

 
some are round lentils

some are freeformed

and now for something completely different
I have a couple of wooden spools needing new homes!


Do have a look!  Everything (except the spools) has been made by me in my North Somerset studio.  In the case of the spools, they were emptied in my studio :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment