About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Thursday, 10 November 2011

This week Salisbury & Newton Abbot


Saturday sees us in Salisbury again, at the Guildhall.

Sunday, we will be at a new venue for us, Newton Abbot racecourse. We've no idea what to expect having not been at a fair in the area before, but fingers crossed .......

As usual, my shops will close Friday evening until sometime Monday.


Meanwhile I've been busy making more silk shibori dyeing kits - I'd nearly run out! Every year I ask myself if everyone now has one, will they keep selling, tell myself perhaps now is the time to discontinue them, then surprise! they start to go like hot cakes again. I love sharing this technique with people so I have spent every evening this week making more, from printing the paperwork, ordering in more bottles, blending the dyes, preparing, wrapping and packing. Yes, these are designed and made by Yours Truly - you won't find a kit of this quality in a commercial outlet, just from me. They make wonderful gift for arty or crafty people, a gift of something to make and then the enduring gift of being able to wear their own creation.

Tomorrow I must make some more zip pulls from my handmade beads. A bargain priced stocking filler, something else I have almost run out of.


As the season progresses, some things will be discontinued due to lack of space. All of my hand dyed silk scarf clips have now sold, sea glass brooches have been discontinued, cuff links made from sea glass and hand dyed silk will not be repeated, I am not sure about bottle stoppers with sea glass and hand made beads - the jury is out on those. If you come to a fair and dither whether to buy or not, they might not be there next time. Please, let's not have another year of 'I should have got it when I saw it', I can't always magic another from a box under the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment