About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Monday, 17 October 2011

Join my mail list - offers - events


If you would like to keep up with what's happening at Blue Box Studio, where I'll be exhibiting, where you can buy my work, offers and free gifts for subscribers, then sign up for my newsletter.

Just fill in the box on the left of my blog. I promise never to sell your details on or share with anyone else, nor will I fill your mailbox on a daily basis. I anticipate I will send only a few newsletters a month, when I have something to tell you.

The next newsletter with details of my fairs for the rest of the year and news of free gifts is due to go in a few days time. It will be the last for 2011. Oh, and you can unsubscribe at any time, I'll try not to take it too personally.

And if you are interested in the bracelet above, it is available from my Artfire shop. Handmade from my own lampwork glass beads, sterling silver and featuring a beautiful etched clasp which is, as far as I am aware, a one-off. The talented silversmith who makes these, only ever makes one or two of each so no chance of ever running into someone else at a party wearing the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment