About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Saturday, 20 August 2011

New beads on the Bay!






Just a taster of my new sterling silver cored handmade lampwork glass beads to fit Troll and similar sized bracelets that have been listed on Ebay.

Due to Ebay's daft rules I can't mention brand names on their site - they threaten punishments way beyond the crime! If you are unsure just measure your bracelet, these will fit up to approximately 4mm diameter, so may also fit some bracelets made by companies I don't yet know of.

All have been made and cored in my North Somerset studio from beautiful glass, sterling silver using high quality professional tools. Not a sweat shop in sight - I struggle to pay myself, let alone a thousand underpaid slaves who will work through the night for pennies. And with utility prices rising, I certainly can't afford to turn up the heating to make my small studio a sweat shop!!!

But I love what I make, and hope you will too.

If you can't see anything to take your fancy here, I also have lots of beads, jewellery and scarves for sale in my Etsy, Artfire and Folksy shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment