About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Monday, 25 April 2011

4 days to go - and we are getting there


So, I'm greeted by 'the boss' at some unearthly hour this morning, wondering why I'm not out there working. I guess holding down the pond so it doesn't float away is important.


His partner in crime is already in position to supervise further gardening.


Look at the size of this bee - there were several in the garden today.


Still, flowers are blooming and pots are now planted so the garden is looking pretty good at the moment.




One more thing crossed of my 'By Monday' list ... the sofa is gone from the conservatory and the dining table is in its place - neither are easy to get through the kitchen door, by 2019 we will have the hang of it and less choice words will be shared.

Still a long way to go though ... and I keep getting side tracked!


My big studio is going to be one of the main display areas, along with the conservatory and I've not started in there


and the small studio shouldn't be looking like this now either but I've bought some gorgeous clasps for bracelets so am having a rush to make beads for them


just off the mandrels, yet to be annealed in the kiln. That's the blues done, now need a selection of pastels .. tomorrow's distraction ...

... seeing the boss had settled down for a snooze. Seemed a shame to disturb him. That's my excuse!


Must remember to prune the clematis next year - only flowers on the top of the pergola, none on the bits you can see :(

No comments:

Post a Comment