About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Tuesday, 26 April 2011

3 days to go .... panic setting in!


Is summer over already? It's definitely colder and very much windier here today. Still, Ted managed to get a few minutes in the sun before the cloud took over.



There has been progress, although it doesn't feel like it! I've collected the publicity boards from Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary, who we are again supporting throughout Arts Week (and beyond, in my case). They fit perfectly in the space once occupied by my sewing machine. Of course, we have the collecting bucket too! Please give generously.



The kiln is on for one last firing of beads. I shall miss my torch, no more bead making until after arts week now - the space is needed for the things from the other workshop.


will the muddle ever be sorted?


Walls painted (to sort of hide the dye splashes), floors cleaned, shelves washed down and ready for filling with lovely glass and jewellery. Still a couple more hours work this evening, sorting as I go and hopefully by the end of tomorrow there'll be real progress. I am sure it didn't take me this long last time!!




A quick check of the Met Office website - thunder storms expected Friday and Saturday! It doesn't predict further ahead than that but I hope the sun shines! We've a new BBQ being delivered Friday, have bought parasols for shade, got the lounger and chair cushions from the loft. Perhaps I should stop thinking we are actually going to have a warm summer this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment