About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Monday, 21 March 2011

So, what's new?


A selection from this week's offerings from Blue Box Studio.

First up some gorgeous 'parchment' roses, there are 2 sets of these. I bought them to make a corsage for a wedding, then forgot to take them with me! So, as reeived, new and unused they are looking for a new home. All bar the teal blue roses have brooch pins attached but it wouldn't be too hard to add one to the blue roses. They would look lovely just added to a fabric bag, made into a corsage, just brightening up a jacket, jumper, scarf or anything else. Our idea was to use them for a wedding corsage and buttonhole for a long-distance wedding; the florist wasn't open when we left and flowers have a nasty habit of drooping overnight so would have been quite sad by the end of our 4 hour journey to the venue. These have the lovely trait of never drooping, however long you keep them or how far you travel!



Also on offer, lots more big hole beads for your Troll and Pandora bracelets and necklaces. Hand made by yours truly in my garden studio, some have sterling silver rivets, some are uncored. Other makes of bracelet are availabe (as the advert goes) so they may well fit another brand. All my beads are properly annelaed for strength and durability in a digital kiln, cleaned and checked before despatch. Offered at a sensible price and each is individually made so no one else will have one identical. Buying handmade beads by self representing artists means you won't have your friends telling you 'I've one exactly like that'!

All of these, and more are available here.




No comments:

Post a Comment