About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Thursday, 24 March 2011

A new outlet - on Artfire!


Well, they say a change is as good as a rest. Until recently I've been selling my handmade lampwork glass beads mainly on one particular site but I have decided for a variety of reasons that this is not the right place for handmade items. So, also recognising that not everyone wants to join a site before they can buy I was looking for somewhere that doesn't require this, and found Artfire.

Early days, I'm listing things as fast as I can but other things also get in my way, but there will be more there in a few days and lots more there very shortly.

I have also decided to list a selection of my other work on there, much of it at sale prices. I might also offer a discount on purchases for those who sign up for my newsletter (the link for this is on the left) and for previous customers. As they say, you have to be in it to win it.

So my new Artfire shop is here - keep popping back and into my Etsy and Folksy shops to see what's new.

My website will be updated with a link shortly, I'm concentrating on actually filling the shop first.

Let me know what you think? Oh and a tip that took me ages to discover yesterday, when looking at Artfire item prices, if not in your currency, click on them and change to your own. The downside for me is that I have to list in US dollars - even Etsy finally sorted that one for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment