About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Friday, 26 November 2010

It's nearly here! - with discounts

What's nearly here I hear you ask.

Christmas - I forget how many shopping days until Christmas, but if it helps you count it's on 25th December this year.

The Curzon craft fair - closer than Christmas but a great place to find presents (so do come and say hello to me!)

My shops shutting for the weekend whilst I take some of the beautiful things with me to the craft fair - they'll be closing this afternoon so that I can set up in readiness for the 10am start tomorrow but will be open by Monday morning.

For blog readers I have a discount code for you {{drum roll}} Etsy have finally got their act together and now we sellers can offer discounts in our shops by way of codes. I've always been able to do this in my Big Cartel shop. Folksy are yet to follow suit. So, here's a code for 10% off your purchases in my Big Cartel shop and in my textiles and jewellery Etsy shop and Etsy supplies shop (where my lampwork beads are offered for sale) - it includes everything including already reduced items, how's that for a bargain?! Please note: It doesn't apply in either of my Folksy shops, they don't yet accept codes.

Code: BBSCHRISTMAS10

Valid from now (whilst shops are open) until 24 December 2010 (all times are UK time)

You can use it more than once if you want to and if you buy from any of my shops at the same time I'll happily combine postage and packaging and refund any excess. But the discount still only applies to these 2 shops, and is deducted at source when you input your code into the 'code' box.

Discounts will not be applied retrospectively, if you forget to put the code in the box, or read this blog post after you've bought, then sorry, no discount.

New scarves will be added to my shops in the meantime, so do check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment