About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Wednesday, 8 September 2010

New sea glass bottle stoppers - on Etsy and Folksy

These are my autumn bit of fun - I wander along beaches throughout the summer then make these bottle stoppers for my autumn and Christmas fairs. They make wonderful gifts for the person who has everything, for 'glass' wedding anniversaries, unusual wedding gifts, beach lovers and anyone else who you can't give a book voucher to yet again! Always a popular item at my fairs, once these are gone they are gone until next summer's foray on the beach allows me to collect enough large pieces of beautiful English sea glass to make more.


I do have a few more in reserve, ready for my fairs so if you are looking for one that is more green, more white, whatever, get in touch and I'll see what I have.

With sea glass being at least 50-100 years before it is smooth enough to be this beautiful, these are a real talking point. They are a really good weight, not lightweight and flimsy and a high quality item. Supplied with a gift box ready for giving to friends, family or just yourself.


So, these are available, as are a few others, from my Etsy and Folksy shops. Click on the pictures or the links to see them and everything else I have available for sale.

1 comment: