About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Friday, 9 July 2010

Too hot to work!


'Plan A' was that I re-assembled my studio now that the new worktop and cooker hood had been installed for safe working at the gas torch. Plan A part 2 was that I opened my 'swap' with Bits n Bobs, which arrived this morning and Plan A part 3 was that I would then make some South African Picnic Bread for the weekend when we are meeting up with friends and need to take something towards the meal. I made this for a World Cup Lunch at work, I drew SA from the hat , and once people had realised it was a savoury bread that didn't need butter it went in minutes. Blogging, shopping, being on various forums was somewhere nearer 'Plan Q'. By reading this you'll know Plan A hasn't quite happened and I've moved on to more advanced letters of the alphabet.

I have listed some sea glass for sale on Ebay - that wasn't on the list but hey, it's doing something. I have at least opened the doors and windows of my studio to let the heat out, but if I am ever to make beads again I need to move the packed boxes from my other studio and unpack. It's just too hot.


Meanwhile, Charlie and Teddy are chilling out, as anything with an ounce of sense would be doing. Charlie keeps moving so he can see me, he's having an 'insecure day', this happens from time to time, something will have upset him. So he's lying there, in a bit of shade, looking for all like a watchman, more of a day watchman than a night watchman I guess (I'm told it's a cricketing term; what's cricket?) which must make the far wiser and hairier Teddy an undercover agent?!


Perhaps I'll procrastinate a bit longer by listing a few things on Freecycle. Well, at least it's doing something useful with my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment