About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Folksy Fursday - in honour of the general election!


On an election theme ... As usual, click on the pictures to be taken to the items. They are all made by talented Folksy makers in the UK.

The reason for it all, Parliament on the London skyline. The skyline is the more attractive aspect for me!


We've had them all banging on our doors telling us to vote for 'Claude' and save the country
but .......

[I'd have bought this if it had been available in a larger size]


A hot topic seems to be aliens - that's a legal term for non-citizen inhabitants of a country, or immigrants; or my husband (he says he doesn't understand me, I think he's from Mars!)

it seems when one person has an idea, they all adopt it and run with it


But ladies, remember, the Suffragettes fought to give us the vote! The story behind this bracelet is really interesting - you can learn something new on Folksy every day.

10 comments:

  1. Interesting finds & cleverly written article Sue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good, love the tee shirt best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a blog, and some fab items too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny t-shirt and yeah everyone should vote, can't wait till the day it's lowered to 16yrs old to vote too!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices!! Love the t-shirt : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great theme and post without being too political. Love the tshirt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    Thanks for using the pic of my t-shirt and thanks for leaving the message about it on Folksy.

    I can print any size if you are still interested?

    It is interesting seeing it all unfold. In a way I wish voting literally changed nothing rather than having to chose one terrible party to try to stop an awful one getting in.

    Thanks again.

    Sarah @ FoolsPrints

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, the suffragettes did fight for the vote. They did so because they believed that women, and people in general should have control over their own lives. Having got the vote it seems clear that having it doesn't mean people have control. Hats off to them for fighting such a fearce fight- in their honour, lets keep fighting for more.

    ReplyDelete