About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Friday, 14 May 2010

Another Folksy Friday - Where does the time go?


Gosh is that the time?

Tempus Fugit!

Where does the time go?

The answer is simple ...............................



on the wall
[I love driftwood, used to work with it, and would love this on my wall!]


with a silent tick - seen but not heard


on the shelf
[this one should fly off the shelf]


by the bed
to give a little fun to a Monday morning wake-up call


hanging around - your neck

or out of your sight
but for others to see [in your ears]

keeping time
to the rhythm of life

with an enduring effect
even after time has passed

7 comments:

  1. Lots of new things - I haven't seen any of these before! Fab wooden clock and love those dinky silver tick tock earrings. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely items - I love the Celtic clock but all of them are great, really quirky! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great selection of unusual clocks.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am in hurry - just look at the time!

    I love Pennydog's resin jewellery, and these rings are groovy, and of course the driftwood clock - I covet one of those : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for featuring my clock earrings! : ) Great picks this week! x

    ReplyDelete