About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Monday, 3 May 2010

And the winner is .......

The quest was on to get to 125 Facebook fans. That was the easy bit - getting them to let me know by leaving a message on my blog was infinitely harder! Of the 28 people who have become fans only 6 entered my give-away. Perhaps I should read something into that?

So, names in a 'hat' [OK, white box, it was to hand] ............................


The independent draw-master was summonsed to draw the winner [he asked to remain anonymous for fear of reprisals from the 5 people who came 'a close second' - "Don't tell them your name Pike!"]


And the winner is Averilpam.

Well done, get in touch so I can post your box of goodies on to you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you, how exciting, I'm looking forward to getting my surprise package! I'm sure it will be lovely, you make beautiful things Sue.
    pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh I've just realised I missed your earlier post where you announced what was in the goodie bag! Lovely. I'll be blogging about it when it arrives :)

    ReplyDelete