About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Friday, 23 April 2010

Gosh, is it (Folksy) Friday again?

With long summer days ahead I thought this week I'd look at kits. No, not baby cats, I'll save cats for another Folksy Friday; k-i-t-s - the things you do to make something yourself. Yes, I know I sell shibori and devore kits to make scarves, but that's all I'm saying about them. This is what else is on offer. As always, click on the picture to go to the item.


First up, learn a new skill, crochet. These parcels of aptly named 'Yummy Wool' are just that, good enough to eat?


I had forgotten about making 'friendship bracelets'. Simple once you have the hang of things and great for keeping the kids quiet on a long journey. No sharp things to carry around with you so probably permissible on a plane!



A spot of 'rocket fuel' is just the thing to make your new project go with a bang (and you can eat the soup later)



When you've finished you can hang out the bunting and shout 'hooray'

before putting on the kettle, making a nice cup of tea and covering the pot with your own hand made tea cosy!

6 comments:

  1. Just popped over from Folksy to see your fab selection of handmade goodies! I have done my first FF today so please come and visit my blog if you get a chance! Cheers, Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh nice selection! That wool set for crocheting is going to be going on my favourites I think! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant ideas! The Friendship bracelet sounds great, Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection, I do love the yummy wool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices, I like the look of the bunting kit for my daughter...hmmm.. :)

    My Folksy Friday is HERE if you fancy a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love making friendship bracelets. Don't remember mine looking quite that good though!

    ReplyDelete