About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Thursday, 29 April 2010

Folksy Friday - Soapy Saturday?


I thought I'd have a bath time theme this week; those few precious moments when I can shut the door on the world and have some 'Me' time. I'd love to have a Bathtime Bubbles Stained Glass Panel by Diomo Glass hanging in my window, ideal for meditation in my 'sanctuary'!



First up is Mannie the bathtime bunny (above) from Cuddle Bunnies. I love his stripy swimming trunks!


This beauty bag by Natalie Farrell is just the thing for keeping all your bits and pieces in one place.


Having run your bath, drop in a gorgeous scented bomb from BeKind.

Settle down with some hand made soap by Valley View


or rubber ducky soaps from Lucy Loves


or a relax gift set from Freyaluna


before indulging yourself by snuggling up in a beautifully soft towel from Silver Birch Crafts

Utter bliss!

11 comments:

  1. Mmm, I can smell the relaxation already - the gift set looks very appealing. And how dashing the little bun looks in his very own dressing gown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stained glass panel! Am wondering if I could persuade hubbie to get us one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stained glass panel - and a great theme! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bunny has really made me smile - lovely choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely theme, they're all lovely but the stained glass window does it for me too,

    Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picks, I love that bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the bath time bunny - great selection

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks, I love the stained glass panel too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those ducks, off to have a spy now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this selection especially the duck soaps! Please come and see my FF book club collection if you can! Cheers Marie x

    ReplyDelete