About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Friday, 26 March 2010

A new addition to the menagerie!

I have a new addition to my 'family'. Theo, my new sock kitten arrived this morning; isn't he cute? I took the name from the first part of my maiden name, a name my mother and I were invariably called at one time or another.

Theo has now found himself a quiet spot by my computer, sits quietly asking nothing more than a smile from time to time. Pussy Galore, his maker said he was tidy (he'd have to be to find a space on my desk top) and could be a real handful, but he's not shown that characteristic - yet!

Meanwhile his furry counterparts were not sure about his arrival and rival for my affections. Charlie, can you see the resemblance, a cheery grin and a snooze, decided he'd sleep on it and make up his mind later, around dinner time. Teddy feels dinner time is about 'now', isn't it always, and will make friends with new arrivals after dinner and snooze but he's not sure when that will be. Until then, his human best get back to her place in the servants quarters.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, lovely to see Theo again! Am glad to see you keep him nearby... he's obviously happy, look at the smile on his face! I can see Charlie and Teddy were impressed.. NOT!

    ReplyDelete