About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Sunday, 21 March 2010

Destash sale - tools and supplies needing new homes

Because I am temporarily indisposed, I thought, to relieve the boredom, I'd have a one-handed clear-out in my studio. These goodies are now listed on Ebay, Folksy and Etsy but if you are interested, click on the pics below to be taken to the item. More will follow in a few days - it's taken me all day to list these. Oh how I wish i was ambidextrous!

First up, metal working files. Because of the problems with my arm I can't grip hard enough to use them and tend to use my Dremel which I have adapted to suit my needs. These have been sitting in a drawer in my studio but are hardly used.

Draper needle files

Assorted other needle files

flat, round and 3-square files
flat and half round files

and some handles for these files.

Then there are the 9 carat yellow gold findings that also need a new home ...

some 9ct gold crimps and some gilt gimp; just the thing to finish off that necklace

some 9ct hallmark tags, stamped '9ct' and great for making an easier end to a necklace than just a tiny jump ring.

4mm 9ct jump rings

and some 6mm 9ct gold bolt rings

I've probably not listed those in the most obvious and useful order!

Last but not least, there is some copper wire for those who wrap beads, stones or anything else come to that.



As with all my sales, I don't set out to make a profit from my postage and packaging charges so if you buy more than one lot and the charge is more than necessary I'll make a refund once posted.

Likewise, if you want to buy more than a couple of these lots, let me know, I might be able to do a slightly better price to re-home everything in one sale and postage could well be cheaper via another means, such as a courier. I'm always open to negotiation to clear the decks quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment