About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Thursday, 18 February 2010

Vintage prints for sale


It's not like me to promote what I'm selling on Ebay but we've had a major clear out of pictures we've been keeping and I'm selling them there.

These four are rather special. Years ago I walked into my local picture framer with work for him to find him sitting surrounded by lots of vintage plates from a botanical book. Neither he nor I were the kind to pull beautiful old books apart to sell pages individually but he'd bought the remnants of this book, already in pieces and wanted to save what he could for the future. There was too much missing to remake the book and no one would want to buy it in its current state. I could only afford 4 pictures at the time - he'd worked out his price from what he paid for the book divided by the number of plates he could salvage.



I had these gorgeous plates mounted up, he fine-lined and coloured the mounts, hand made his own marbled paper to embellish and we agreed on a classic frame that would be in keeping with the printed page. For years they hung together on my wall but no more. I now have a much smaller house and they just don't look right in this one. So they need a good home. They are too good to just be abandoned to the local charity shop who I know don't the difference between a Rembrant and a reprint (silver stamped EPNS is being sold as hallmarked sterling!!).

2 of the prints are floral, wild rose and wild orchids ...



and the other 2 are of dock leaves - I didn't know there were so many varieties, and you can never find one when you get stung by nettles) and leaves and seeds of native British trees



I am also selling some beautiful Japanese prints, so mosey on over to my Ebay page to see what's available. I just don't have the room to keep everything and we've deliberated over these for ages, finally making a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment