About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Sunday, 14 February 2010

The spring has sprung ....


...... the grass is riz,
I wonder where the birdies is?
The little bird is on the wing;
ain't that absurd?
I thought the wing was on the bird!

A little silliness is needed for my day - DH forgot today was Valentine's Day! First time in 5 years in fairness but he 'didn't realise it was the same date each year'! Oh St Jude, help him.

Having returned from holiday last night and not back at work until tomorrow, I decided that we'd enjoy our last day of freedom. We went to the Rococo Gardens in Painswick, Gloucestershire to see the snowdrops then used our new NGS Yellow Book (gardens opening for charity) and found one just up the road from Painswick.

Here's a few photos of the Rococo Gardens, special to us because we love the snowdrops and where I proposed to DH.

Definitely good for snowdrops!

I liked this reflection.

The Rococo Garden is very busy this time of year, we had to queue to get in and couldn't get near the coffee shop on our way out, so we had a look at the National Gardens Scheme handbook, known as the Yellow Book and moved on to a beautiful garden nearby. The gardens in the Yellow Book open for charity so it's all in a good cause. This one did teas too!


Cyclamen and Hellebores are two of my favourite spring time plants, oh and snowdrops and daffodils and .... the list goes on.

On our way around the garden we found a gate leading to a woodland walk - but the root of this tree fascinated me. I promise you it is the root off the tree! Some root.

There were several ponds in the garden



with statuary around the ponds and garden


and by the house, a carved tree with (I think) a Shakespeare quote from A Midsummer Night's Dream ...

'If we shadows
have offended
think but this,
and all is mended -
but you have
but slumbered here
whilst these visions
did appear'

To sit in someone else's garden, drinking their tea, eating their cake, watching the birds in the sunshine and not having to think 'I ought to cut the grass' - sheer bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment