About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Wednesday, 24 February 2010

My nominations for a Sunshine Award are (drum roll)

The sunshine award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspires others in the blogging world.

The rules for accepting the award are as followers -

* Place the logo within your blog or post
* Pass the award on to 12 bloggers
* Link the nominees within the post
* Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blog
* Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award

My 12 nominations are:

Beads by Laura - who has inspired me to try my hand at lamp work bead making later this year.
Widget & Friends - for making me laugh
Pussy Galore - oh how I want one of those! (I'm holding out for a mini pussy)
Stuff for Kitty and you - for services to my furry friends - Charlie & Teddy adore their toys.
Lauren Ceramics - beautiful work that is so inspiring
Vintage Milly - may your luck continue
Annabella Designs Petticoats - so pretty, I just need the occasion to wear one
AMI Designs - from one jeweller to another, I love her work
Cinnamon Jewellery - for a really interesting and varied read
JPAT Purses - I love your work
Whimsical Angus - gorgeous
Mrs Fatface - so that's what I can do with Brussels Sprouts!

Please do have a look at all these fantastic blogs, there is so much talent and interest out there waiting to be discovered by us all.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination!!!

    It's my 3rd today (lucky me!) so I need to get busy and find another 24 blogs to nominate!

    X X X

    PS, Mini Kitties will be in my shop on Monday 1st ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's my 2nd Sunshine award today :D
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw... Thank you so much. I am very flattered :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for my Sunshine award...:)Annabella x

    ReplyDelete