About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Saturday, 30 January 2010

Revised postage rates for sales from my Big Cartel shop



Why is life so confusing? It dawned on me when I was looking at my Big Cartel shop that, unlike Etsy and Folksy, you couldn't see what I was charging for postage and packaging before you bought from me. It has always been stated on my 'shop policies' page that I would refund any excess, and that is still the case, but I decided the simplest way to tackle this problem is to have a fixed rate postal charge as default. Most of my items were costing similar to post anyway so I have adopted that rate:

Within the UK, the first item will be charged at £1.75 and any additional items at an additional 50p each. For international sales I'm charging £2.25 for the first item and 50p additional for each other item. As I've said, if this turns out to be too much, then I'll refund the excess. Can't say fairer than that.

When I get a minute I'll add the postage rates to the bottom of each item, just to make it as plain as possible.

Has anyone found a better way to sort this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment