About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Friday, 22 January 2010

Another winner .....!

Tonight's winner is Tracy Smith. Well done Tracy. Let me have your contact details and I'll dip into the bag and send you something.

Just enough in the bag for 2 more draws, hopefully the next one will be tomorrow, same time, same place but is dependent on me being able to get the PC close enough to the phone socket in my office. Yes, we are wireless in this house, but my PC refuses to talk to the very fancy and over-powerful unless it's plugged in. All the other computer work fine, just mine.

Tomorrow painting starts in earnest. it will be Lunar Falls - fate played a hand by not having any Mint Whisper in stock locally. Obviously a more popular colour, but then I wouldn't want to be the same as anyone else.

It's still not to late to enter the give away - if you've not already done so.


Until the next time .....

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'm thrilled! Thank you so much :D
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete