About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Monday, 2 November 2009

A grand day out - Hestercombe Gardens near Taunton


Last Saturday we had a rare day off for this time of year. Having joined Friends of Hestercombe earlier in the year we thought we perhaps ought to at least visit periodically and, glorious weather, off we went. We weren't disappointed. Back in June I blogged about the bats and our first visit, we didn't see bats this time but with the change of season the gardens felt totally different.

I took rather a lot of photos so think I'll spread this out over several days, with different aspects of the gardens each day. It'll take me that long to sort out my photographs!

First up, Saturday was Halloween. It was also the end of the half-term holiday so the gardens had been decked out with suitable ghoulish goings on so that the children could follow a path and have something of interest to look at around every corner.


There were certainly plenty like this fellow around.

And for the real ghosts and things that go bump in the night there was the mausoleum!

.... with it's grave markers and Gothic skull hanging from the entrance. I walked in and around this in June and don't remember it looking anywhere near as impressive or scary close up!

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment