About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Thursday, 5 November 2009

Beat the post strikes and find me at........


This weekend you will find us at the Green Dragon Hotel in Hereford on Saturday and the Chase Hotel in Ross on Wye on Sunday. Why pay postage costs and worry about deliveries when you can come and meet us at fairs? You also get to see the entire range - something that you cannot do through my on-line shops as I don't have the time to list every single thing I have.

If you come, meet and purchase from me at either of these fairs, let me know you've read this blog post and I'll add a little something extra to your bag of goodies.

Meanwhile, my Etsy and Folksy shops will be closed for the duration, from Friday evening to Monday morning UK time. If you are contemplating anything in my shops, beware, it may sell at one of these fairs. With everything being handmade and no two patterns repeated as far as possible there is every chance I won't have exactly what you wanted later.

I look forward to meeting some of my on-line customers and blog readers there.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the fairs go well for you. Look forward to hearing how you do

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your table display, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete