About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Saturday, 24 October 2009

It's such a perfect day (apologies to Lou Reed)

Apart from the weather, today has been brilliant.

First a very quiet day at the Salisbury craft fair but we had our best day ever outside of the Create Festive Fayre, which always outstrips every other show.

The Create Festive Fayre is held by Bristol City Council in the Create Centre, is a juried show but not exclusively hand made work. Well organised and well attended I look forward to going every year, knowing full well that one year it won't be 'my turn' but making a real effort to always have new work and a good presentation both for my application and my stall.

Today is my lucky day! I've received notification that I have been offered a place at the Create Festive Fayre for the 5th year running.

Right now, I could not be happier.

For anyone in the Bristol area, note your diaries, I'll be there from Friday 4 December 4pm to 9pm and all day Saturday 5 December. More about it later.

2 comments:

  1. I love when everything goes our way and its perfect!!! Im happy for you !Im glad your having a great weekend!
    If you would like please come visit me at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com and enter my current giveaway. I try to have a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday so I hope you decide to become a follower so you don't miss out!
    xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! Now you can start all the fun of preparing for it :)

    ReplyDelete