About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Funny things you find on the beach


So there we were, 4 of us beach combing for sea glass around the Plymouth coastline, when I came across a pebble with a blog address on it. I've found some funny (and not so funny) things on the beach before but never a stone with a web address. I guess every respectable stone should have one - well, it couldn't have an ipod could it? it hasn't any ears.

Having done a bit of research my pebble should have had a smile on its face, but the sea has washed his smile away. It sounds like one of my mother's threats .... "if you do/don't do xxxx I'll wipe that smile off your face, my girl", apparently I was a difficult child.

Every day on a beach yields just one gem; the Find Of The Day, and this was Friday's FOTD. When I got home I looked up the blog address and found my pebble on the beach with lots of others, all with happy faces.

So what will happen to my pebble now that I've snatched it away from the bosom of its family? I'll give it a new face and leave him somewhere on Clevedon beach for someone else to discover. Somewhere warm where he will be happy and have something to smile about.

Oh, and the blog address? Take a look at the pebblescopy blog, my pebble is the one on the far right of picture #33.


Tell me the strangest thing you've found on a beach.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant bit of advertising :) I'm sure you'll take good care of the pebble and give it a happy face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- this is very, very cool!! You know I just love rocks so this is an extra special thing to me. Loved this post! :)

    ReplyDelete