About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Monday, 7 September 2009

My next craft fair is at .... Portishead

Just to announce that my first fair of the autumn/Christmas season is next Saturday, 12th September at the Somerset Hall in Portishead. For anyone not so local, that's at the far (Waitrose) end of the high street, tucked into a small shopping precinct. We're upstairs but there is a lift and there is usually refreshments!

I will have my usual range of goodies, sea glass and sterling silver jewellery, silk and velvet scarves, shibori dyeing kits ~ make your own masterpiece in your microwave!

New to this fair will be my devore silk velvet kit, launched during North Somerset Arts Week in May ~ learn how to devore (burn out) velvet and then double dye; a new range of framed clutch bags and shoulder bags and lots more besides including lots of smaller goodies that will be suitable for those of you who are making a start on Christmas shopping!

Each of my items is hand made by me in my North Somerset studio and individually made so no two will be identical. Buy it while you see it, it may not be there next time or available from my one line Etsy and Folksy shops.

With fairs as far east as Salisbury, as far north as hereford and as far south as Weston-super-Mare [OK, that's not very far south!] I'll be busy most weekends from now until just before Christmas so hopefully one will be near you; check out my website for dates and venues.

If you've found me through my blog or one of my on-line sites, please come and say hello and let me know where you found me.

No comments:

Post a Comment