About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Monday, 24 August 2009

Introducing Flower Power polymer clay creations by Jayne

It's been a long day. I had an appointment at the hospital to see what could be done about the torn tendon in my elbow. I did this over a year ago and despite endless treatments of all sorts, it's still painful and limits the work I can do. First I couldn't park, then when I did, arriving early for my appointment, I was sent for x-rays, more waiting, then told I would need an operation and, more waiting, needed to get through pre-op today. What I was told was a 25 minute appointment turned into many hours. Thank heavens I took a new book to read - I've nearly finished it now.

Imagine my delight then when I came home to find another prize I'd won in a blog give-away. My gift arrived beautifully wrapped in pretty paper with raffia bow and handmade button. It was almost too pretty to open, but I forced myself. Inside was a pretty necklace in my shades of blue and green, won after I suggested that the necklace reminded me of 'solar storms'.

The pretty necklace has been made by Jayne who has shops on Folksy and Etsy. Jayne is a mother of 2 with a full time job in local government who enjoys making fun stuff out of polymer clay in her spare time (she's got spare time?). She started making things for herself and her family but when she ran out of spaces to store all the beads and bracelets, decided to give Etsyand Folksy a go!

Jayne has some really pretty beads, necklaces and bracelets in her shops and at very reasonable prices. Do have a look, you might just find something to kick-start your Christmas shopping! I can say that, I've nearly finished mine. Who threw that rotten tomato at me? I have to start early, I don't have time between work and craft fairs which start up again for the Christmas season in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment