About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Friday, 28 August 2009

Christmas came early...!

If there's one thing Charlie likes in his Christmas stocking (yes, they both have a Christmas stocking), it's catnip! So, spotting reusable catnip pouches by Stuff on Etsy, I had to have some. The idea is that the little envelope pouch unrolls to be filled with loose dried catnip. Then you roll it up, popper closed and wait to have it snatched from your hand by some passing moggie.

I first knew they'd arrived when Charlie was pushing the post around on the doormat - not his usual trick. I opened the jiffy bag, closely watched by 2 feline pairs of eyes. Inside, carefully wrapped in tissue was my (or rather 'their') prize. I'd just got the tissue paper open when the phone rang, so I left it all on the coffee table, thinking it might be safe for a minute. Grab phone, dash back, this is what I found....

Charlie has gone in for a closer look

Where's it gone???????

Damn, have I knocked it on the floor??? Look innocent, Me? I've not seen it!!!

Ah, my reward for 'finding' it again!

Having an expert catnip inspector in the house, I can assure you that these are a great idea, are hand washable when they get a bit 'soggy', can be refilled and provide hours of pleasure to any discerning cat. Within about 10 minutes, Charlie is 'stoned'. It doesn't have the same effect on Teddy, who just sits on his, waiting for it to hatch.

Osha, these are a great success, even if Christmas came early for Charlie.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad that you all like them :D "hatch"..... lol. Thank you so much for shopping with me and for this fabulous post! :D

    ReplyDelete