About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Friday, 24 July 2009

Wow!!!


It's been a long week mostly caused by computer problems. I'm not good with computers so any problem is b-i-g! I came home from work yesterday to a note from DHL that they'd tried to deliver a parcel. Now, usually DHL only deliver big parcels so I am trying to fend off questions about my recent expenditure, something I try to keep to myself in this house. So imagine my delight when I had an email from Valeria of Leatherstuff to tell me she'd sent my blog giveaway prize by DHL. I knew I'd won but wanted to see this beautiful handbag before reviewing on here for you. I made DHL's depot in record time this morning, even allowing for a second loop of the 1-way system because I missed the unmarked turning. They kept me waiting and spent, in my opinion, just a little too long checking the photo on my drivers licence (granted it is not the most flattering photo I've had taken in a photo booth) before handing over my prize.

Now I'm home, and it is unwrapped.

It is beautiful, the leather is so soft, and I adore the smell of new leather. It fastens with a secure buckle - no one will get inside without me knowing - and is one large compartment so will hold lots. Just the thing I need for the family party on Sunday, this will hold my purse, phone, camera, batteries, glasses, keys, the lot - and for once I will turn up looking sleek and polished. My family cannot help but admire my new tidiness.

Do have a look at Valeria's Etsy shop, her bags are wonderful and there are lots to chose from, including one like mine.

Thank you Valeria for such a generous blog giveaway. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lucky you! Any handbag is a good handbag as far as I am concerned, but that one looks lovely. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete