About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Launching a new range of bags from Blue Box Studio

I've so many wonderful fabrics stashed in my workshop and I've been itching to find a special use for them. I have now started making a range of framed clutch bags, different styles will follow later. Each uses some of the wonderful fabrics I have collected over the years and some are 'rescued' from landfill. 'Rescued?' I hear you ask. I discovered my local curtain maker [who I recommend on the strength of the wonderful blinds she made for my conservatory] bags up her left over bits and throws away. Ages ago I asked if she had any small bits I could use for a project and she left me a parcel on my doorstep; which beats coming home to bills any day. I don't get many deliveries from her, I haven't the room, but we do exchange fabrics for chocs and wine periodically. All the fabrics are new, and far too lovely to go to waste.



So, here they are. As always, a selection will be available from my Etsy and Folksy shops. Do drop by and have a look.



Do let me know what you think of them.




2 comments:

  1. They are lovely. I particularly like the last one as it's my favourite colour and I think the fabric is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it is a stunning fabric; a remnant of Georgina von Etzdorf velvet from when I was fortunate to live near her retail outlet when she had weekend sales. Sadly these are no more.

    ReplyDelete