About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Wednesday, 24 June 2009

I won!!!


A while back I mentioned that Jolicious was having a give-away on her blog. I was so excited to hear I'd won and even more excited to come home to a little parcel from Jo today. I've won 4 cute badges by bubsie and a little pendant on a clip which will be brilliant hanging on tag of my fleece zipper beautifully wrapped in its own little bag - no more fumbling to do the zip up in a howling gale with gloves on.



Here are my goodies. As anyone who knows me well knows, I never ever win anything. In fact don't stand behind me in a queue either as the till will either close as you get there or the person in front will have come for the day and we'll all be there ages.



It's been a long day at work and to come home to this was wonderful, so thank you Jo.



3 comments:

  1. I have badge envy!! Well done for scooping the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for blogging about your win Sue - much appreciated! I'm glad I brought a little happiness to your day and I'm pleased you found a use for my Heart Charm! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart charm has been much admired at work today - so I have given out your web address to a few people. I think it's a brilliant idea, but my mobi is so old it hasn't a hole for a charm (in fact not much charm in my mobi, nevermind on!) so the next best thing was my favourite fleece.

    ReplyDelete