About Me

My photo
North Somerset, United Kingdom
My parents were worried when I ran around with scissors – now I play with fire and (intentionally) break glass! Based in the beautiful South West of England, close to the sea and often the scene of beautiful sunsets, I am inspired by the countryside around. Working with sea glass collected from remote beaches, soda lime glass from Murano, Italy, Europe, USA and beyond, I create artisan beads, for use in my own jewellery or for you to enjoy in your own creations. But I couldn’t stop there; continuing the theme from round rods to flat sheets, mostly from the USA, I break large sheets of transparent, opaque, multi-coloured and dichroic glass into much smaller pieces to make a kiln-formed range of bright, colourful jewellery and home decoration. Each piece I make is individually designed around the shape, size and beauty of the materials and intended to be unique, wearable, usable and affordable. All my glass work is kiln annealed for strength and durability and designed to give pleasure for years to come.

Wednesday, 25 March 2009

North Somerset Arts Week will soon be here! [or, 'watch out, the brochures are about!']

Happening every two years, usually at the beginning of May, North Somerset Arts Week is a 10 day open studio event in the south west of England. Some exhibit alone in their homes, others form groups and rent a venue for the event. There is everything from art to crafts to theatre and storytelling. Some are professionals in their field, others are enthusiastic amateurs. Many are something in-between.




This year North Somerset Arts Week is from Friday 1st May to Sunday 10th May and I will be exhibiting from my studio in Clevedon. More on that later, nearer the time; but I'm venue 39 if you want to start planning your visit.




Meanwhile, you can pick up a brochure from local shops, tourist information centres, libraries around the county or wider afield, or venues when they are open. They are also available by post.




Further information can be found on the North Somerset Arts website and, specific to my venue, my website




Do come and support local handmade work. My venue is raising funds for Holly Hedge animal sanctuary with a percentage of our sales going to this really worthy cause. We'll also be offering light refreshments with all proceeds from this going to Holly Hedge so, when you are out and about during NSAW and fancy a break, stop by venue 39 - it's a worthy cause.





1 comment:

  1. this is really neat! i want to get more invovled with the arts locally.

    ReplyDelete